The year 2012 was an unusal year. As a sophomore in the self-employed battlefield, I experienced a lot this year, and learned my lessons.
If you ask what the biggest lesson I've learned, I would say - the only thing unchanged is the change itself, you need to prepare for it and adapt to it. For the year 2012, the obvious changes for the team were:
- We lose a key team member and it hurt me a lot.
- We acquired fresh blood and that was a great shot.
- We had to cut down the size of the team to move faster. Believe me, I felt much more paintful than anyone else. For the whole month I was in anguish until everyone paved to their new journey.
- We built a series of city guide apps, which got passionate responses from our users. One of the apps, Hong Kong Travel Guide, held a position of No. 1 in travel leaderboard of Hong Kong app market for a period, which was a wonderful thing considering that we spent $0 to market it.
- We successfully built our next gen software and would launch it formally early next year.